words are flying out like endless rain into a paper cup | they slither while they pass | they slip away across the universe ~the beatles

Happy New Year!!!

Strangely, I don't have a song in mind for this entry.

Are you as excited as I am for all the possibilities of 2008? I have this strong feeling that it's going to be a great year for everyone (legendary!) ...for the Philippines, and even for the US economy. Bongga! 2008 is like a rare sequel that beats its predecessor, like Bridget Jones's Diary Edge of Reason... arguably. Osya, tama na tong pagpe-premonize (new word: act of making premonitions) ko. Baka magaya pa to sa The Village. Mas maganda pa yung trailer kesa sa actual movie. Again, arguably.

So, what's your resolution? I don't have resolutions, but I have my traditional New Year's Prayer. Wala kaayo ko palihi, pero naka-polka dots ko. mwehehe. Mutuo ko nga maski walay palihi, basta nag-ampo, ma-bless jud ang tuig. I lighted my 2-year old Prosperity Candles, courtesy of Roscef. There are 7 or 8 colored candles, representing health, peace, good spirit, money, love, etc. Sabi duon, you light them for 30 minutes and the candle that remained the tallest will be what's bountiful for you in the coming year. Di ko na pinaabot ng 30 minutes. Weird kasi lahat sila pantay-pantay pa rin ang height. Sana ibig sabihin nito ay lahat ng blessings mag-aabound in 2008.

Sa mga berks, pinagdasal ko kayo. Kaya be hopeful for 2008. Ika nga ni Father nung New Year's eve mass, a grace-filled new year for everyone.

No comments: